Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Praying with Us This Week and End of Awake 21

Thank-you so much for praying with us this week. I wanted to share how you can continue to join our journey by praying with us...

Prayer for the team:
1 John 5:14--This is the confidence we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
Mark 11:24--Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.
Psalm 37:4--Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.

God knows what we need before we even think to ask for it. He has unbelievable blessings just waiting to be poured out on us. Notice the verses don't say that God will give us whatever we want. But when we are delighting ourselves in Him, and seeking to want for ourselves what He wants for us, our desires will be His desires. And then He will bless us, more than we can ask for or even imagine. Ask God to show us what He has planned for us. Ask Him to fund our trip, and work out all the details. Ask Him for patience, and focus, and restful sleep. And then share with us how He has answered those prayers! Leave a comment on this post.

Prayer for South Africa:
Matthew 25:35-40
35) 'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36) I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 37) “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38) When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39) When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40) “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

We are still humbled by this amazing opportunity to be a blessing in South Africa. Please also pray this week that all of the supplies we need are provided. Pray that the people who need to visit the clinic are made aware that we are coming, and that they are able to make it to the clinic. Continue to pray against spiritual warfare as we're all targets as we go to share the love of Christ and have our lives transformed in the meantime.

Praise the Lord that our PA students made it through their first block exams. We're SO proud of y'all and the courage and diligence that you approached studying with. You will all be wonderful PAs with a knowledge and a heart to take into the profession that many lack. Your hard work will be rewarded.

Also, Awake 21 is officially over as of today; however, a lot of us are going to continue fasting something as it's been such an incredible learning process and a time to get to know God in a different and new way. Team, please feel free to leave a comment here on your fasting experinece.

Love and grace,
ashley nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment