Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekly Prayer Topics

Prayer Topics for the week: Let go and let God take control!
             Let God lead our lives and let’s rely on him to provide for us!!! Let’s focus on casting our needs and concerns on God and being faithful that he will show us the way and provide for us.
 This was part of a daily devotion that I read this week. It truly spoke to me and I think we can all relate with having crazy schedules and feeling like we have 1,000,000 things we want to accomplish. Often times we feel like we are being pulled in numerous directions and we often become overwhelmed. This passage helps to depict our hectic lives and the need for us to relay on God.
             Every so often, my computer becomes sluggish. Frequent use of certain programs and documents causes pieces of information to become scattered, requiring my computer to search for the pieces before I can use them. To fix it, I need to run a program that retrieves the pieces and groups them together where they are easily accessible. This process is called “defragmentation.”
            Like my computer, my life gets fragmented. One situation tugs on my emotions while I’m trying to concentrate on something else. Demands from every direction bombard me. I want to accomplish everything that needs to be done, but my mind won’t stop and my body won’t start. Soon I begin to feel weary and useless.
            Recently I attended a retreat where one of the handouts included a prayer with words that expressed how I felt: “Lord, I am scattered, restless, and only half here.”King David also went through such times (Ps. 55:2). In prayer, David presented his needs to God morning, noon, and evening, confident that he would be heard (v.17). Prayer can help to defragment our lives. When we cast our cares on the Lord, He will show us what we need to do and what only He can do.

We need prayer the most when we have the least time to pray.
 This scripture from Pastor Greg, also helps to depict how we need to worry less and rely on God more. We truly have no need to worry, because no matter how hard we fall or how large the obstacle God will be there for us. He has already mapped out our lives, we just need to surrender and follow!!
The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way? Proverbs 20:24 (NLT)

So this week, let’s focus on relying on God for our concerns, needs, and struggles. Let’s cast our burdens on him and be faithful that he will provide!
Let’s also continue to pray for our trip as it approaches and be in contact with our prayer partners!

Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment