Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Clinic Day 3

Sanibonani ninjani! It's Anthony and Jessica. We love and miss you all!

This morning, Melanie, Meg, Lizzy, and I (Jess) played with the children. We colored, sang, danced, "decorated" with sidewalk chart, and then played in the dirt! These children are so precious. They are so hungry for affection, that there is usually one on your hip, one on your back and two on each leg, and two on each arm. But we love every minute of it! Please be praying for all of these children, that God would continue to keep them safe, and that we were able to show God's love to them while we were here.

Then in the afternoon, I worked in triage. Again I had to break the news to a patient that she was HIV positive. She was 60 yrs old, and was aware that her husband was unfaithful. She believed in God, and believed she was a good person, but struggled with the idea that something this terrible could still happen. Pastor Chris and I prayed with her twice, and I told her that our God is bigger than this little virus. I held her hand the whole time, and gave her a hug when she left our station. I wanted her to know that someone loved her, and that I wasn't afraid to touch her because of her disease. Please pray for her, that she would not lose hope or be discouraged. Her husband may come to the clinic tomorrow.

Praise the Lord that Robert Madinawa, Mashaba Nomse, Joyce Mwarga, Mpila Luka, and Simon all gave their life to the Lord today in our clinic!!! Please pray for them as they begin their journey with renewed lives in Christ. Evangelism is just catching fire as more and more of us are stepping out of our comfort zones, and letting God lead. Brianna, Phil, Glenn, and I (Anthony) were on the evangelism team today. Several members of the group are still getting used to praying out loud for people, but the Spirit is truly moving here. Phil was praying with and for people almost to the point of physical exhaustion. Each of the 170 patients seen were prayed over several times with several different people before leaving the clinic. We've also been sharing our testimonies with each other, and growing closer as a team as God continues to do great work in our hearts. It is so evident how God has chosen each member of the team for a specific purpose on this trip.


Unkulunkulu akubisisei!

8 comments:

  1. Tears falling from my face as I see the work the Lord has called each and every one of you to do. Praise GOD for the people who have said YES to the Lord! Thank you for these updates. It is so encouraging for those of us praying for you! GO GOD! GO TEAM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, some of the teachers at school are in prayer with me. We are proud of all the medical care and love that God is blessing you guys to do.Our children here do not realize how blessed they are.I will say a special prayer for the 60 year old lady that is HIV positive. Prayers are with you guys. Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a challenging range of care giving you are experiencing. From the feeding of hearts to the feeding of the body thru hunting. It is wonderful that GOD's love is universal with no language barrier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so awesome to hear what God is doing! We continue to pray each day for all of you as God is using yall for physical as well as spiritual healing. Keep persevering as you work for the Lord! We want to give a special shout out to Elise, Amanda, Lizzy, Mary Ann, Ashley, Stephanie, and Meg! Miss you all!

    Love,
    Tiff, Jordan, Mark, Adam, Phil, and Duncan

    P.S. Hope you've taken out a lot of lions, tigers, bears....and zebras.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that all of you are doing so much to help the people there!

    Christina...Michelle and your Mother posted something for you earlier today. I hope you get a chance to hear their post. I just have to say that the thing that made my day today was the first HOA meeting we had today. Most of the neighborhood saw this as an opportunity to complain and fuss about all issues they could possibly think of. Some of the complaints were pretty hilarious...someone even complained about the trains that go by...like the HOA could even do something about that...LOL. I have other things to say but I'll save it for another post. Love you...bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey everyone, we love hearing about all the great things being done over there and can't wait to see more pictures when you get back. Glad to hear that all seem to be doing well and so much help is being given to the people there, especially for the children. Having been a pediatric nurse for 10 years, children remain very dear to my heart. May God continue to bless and watch over each of you.
    Please tell Brandi and David I called to check on Belle and was told she was doing just fine and had several playmates right now.
    Everyone sends their love,says hello, and to continue the great work!
    Love, Cathy {mom}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Trav! We miss you very much, but we know that you are doing great things over there and are proud of your caring and dedication to others. We can't wait to see more pictures and read more about what you've been doing. Enjoy the rest of your trip, keep doing great things, and know how much we love you. Can't wait to see you soon!

    Love-
    Kris & David

    PS...Kristen won teacher of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mel!!!! I went to pick up the phone to call you and realized that wasn't going to work. Then I went back to your email and tried to figure out how to send this message. I actually created my own blog before I realized I didn't need it in order to send a message. So...I guess I'm a blogger now. Lol

    Anyway, today I realized that I have exactly one year before graduation May 11, 2012. You already know why it was you who came to mind when the thought occurred to me. To say life post-graduation 2007 has been eventful would be an understatement. But watching the way God has and continues to reveal each of our purposes is magnificent.

    I am so excited about coming to watch YOU cross that stage this summer. I hope you and your team are enjoying your stay in Africa. From the posts I see you all are doing great works. I'm SUPER proud of you Mel! Love you girl. Yall be good. God Bless

    Tri

    P.S. I'm new at this blogging/commenting thing. I believe I emailed this same message to the administrator of this blog site. That was before I found the comment box. Forgive me. Mel tell everyone I have no common sense :)

    ReplyDelete